Are you worried about your dog & cat getting infected after surgery? Do you know how to help pacify dogs with anxiety after post-surgery? Traditional collar or cone has many obvious disadvantages. For example, wearing a heavy neuter collar, pets can’t move freely in their environment, can’t make dogs sleep. Secondly, pets’ sight is hindered from hitting on walls, desks, and other furniture. Moreover, pets can not eat or drink as normally. Our editors independently research, test, and recommend the best dog & cat recovery suits.
Important Concerns When Buying Surgical Onesies
- Size:Too tight a surgical onesies may cause great discomfort to the dog and even irritate the underarms and tail area. On the other hand, if the suit is too loose, it may not completely cover the surgical area, and the dog can easily get out.
- Breathable:The important thing is that it cannot affect the normal breathing of a dog or cat. This way the dog can walk and exercise freely. And pets can relax to sleep and rest.
- Material: Ensure that the surgical dog suit fabric is breathable and durable. Only in this way can the onesies have enough ventilation, otherwise it will cause the wound to fester due to fungal or other bacterial infections. Only durable materials can ensure that these lively hairy pets run around during the recovery period
Check Out The Best Surgical Onesies for Our Recovery
This item Kuoser Recovery Suit for Dogs Cats After Surgery, Professional Pet Recovery Shirt Dog Abdominal Wounds Bandages, Substitute E-Collar & Cone, Prevent Licking Dog Onesies Pet Surgery Recovery Suit.Check Current Price
- Very stretchy
- Great outfit for even the smallest dogs in heat
- Awesome for keeping dogs away from a wound
- Cozy and Cute
- Not good for a female spayed dog recovery
"If possible: first and foremost: don't wait until your pet goes into surgery to order this suit. Order it a few weeks prior if it's a planned surgery."-Vilano
Supportive Rear Compression Leg Joint Wrap For Dogs
Check Current Price
- The leg brace can heal the pain caused by injury or surgery.
- Provide support and stability during the injury.
- Help them relax inflammation.
- Ps, treat loss of stability caused by arthritis.
- Take care to remove the sheath 2-3 times a day and let the legs breathe at night.
- If the wound is more serious, please wrap the wound with gauze first, and then wrap it with our dog leg wrap.
- Materials: Neoprene, the material is delicate, soft, flexible, and has the effect of shockproof.
Breathable Dog Surgery Recovery Suit
This Recovery Suit for Dogs Cats After Surgery is made of premium high-elastic fabric (95% cotton & 5% spandex), breathable and lightweight, snug but not too tight. Gives your furry friends enough comfort when moving and healing.
The Full Body Recovery Suit for Puppy is a professional substitute for the medical cone or full body bandage. It covers and protects the problem area instead of covering the pet’s entire head, will not restrict your pet’s movement.
Our Doggie Surgical Suit is very easy to put on and take off with a row of buttons on back, elastic brims around the four legs and tail wrap your pet in comfort. Compared to clothes with hook and loop fastener, it is not easy to stick hairs.Check Current Price
This yellow recovery suitis not only suitable for dogs, but also provides good protection for cats. Elastic band on Neck and Shoulder.Check Current Price
- Dogs really seem to love this
- Many owners mention that is good for a female dog
- It has a quite a bit of stretch
- The straps are way too long
- Husky was able to get the suit off
Dog Surgical Recovery Suit with Long Sleeves
Dog long sleeve surgical recovery gowns also work as pajamas, with legs covering a larger area. And a snug fit that is tight enough to prevent your pet from interfering with the healing process, allowing complete freedom of movement.
- Can potty without taking off! Worth it for Post Operation!
- Good for post spay recovery- instead of a cone
- Works well even for big dogs
- Too saggy for short legged dogs
- Does not work for kitten after spay
Professional Recovery Suit For Pet After Surgery
Made of Pure Cotton Fabric, soft & skin-friendly, breathable, prevent skin allergies, elastic with strong wrapping, dogs feel like snuggly the owner's arms in it, ease the dog's anxiety. Can be machine washed.
A perfect alternative to the Elizabethan collar, the recovery suit is no a burden on your pets' body, your pet friends could lie down comfortably and do anything without feeling obstructed, drink water & eat food freely.
Perfect for Labrador, Border collie, Hound, Bulldog, Boston Terrier, Husky, Corgi, German shepherd, Poodle, Schnauzer, Bichon, Yorkie, Pug dachshund, French bulldog, Havanese, etc. Please refer to the size chart and make sure you choose the correct size before purchase.Check Current Price
Stripe Recovery Suit For Dogs Cats After Surgery
Wearing this Recovery Shirt on, more COMFORTABLE than he/she is in a cone while eating, sleeping, and walking around, perfect alternative to the cone of shame/satellite dish that he/she has to wear on the head. 100% COTTON POCKET ON HTE BELLY PART, protects his/her special part and allows to put a Diaper/ Hot or Cold pad in.
Full cover Surgical Snuggly for unisex dogs/cats. Unfasten the rear part and roll it up with the magic touch closure band which is attached to the chest part(detailed instruction please refer to the video), then dogs can pee freely.Check Current Price
"Our dog recently had neuter surgery, and we've moved from the cone (100% effective, but had limited mobility and led to falls and access problems) to the donut (85% effective, easy to move and eat, making access difficult but not impossible) to this bodysuit.Check Current Price I'd give this a 75-85% rating because it is very flexible, easy to get on and off, protects the wound from the environment, and dogs that are well trained and/or are on painkillers that dull the sensation. "-Rob
I'd give this a 75-85% rating because it is very flexible, easy to get on and off, protects the wound from the environment, and dogs that are well trained and/or are on painkillers that dull the sensation. "-Rob
SPREAD THE LOVE
Before you finish the reading...If you find this article helpful, would you please share this on Facebook and contact us @KuoserDogApparel? We will grant you a 30% discount coupon on your next purchase at Kuoser. Share
Frequently Asked Questions About Recovery Suits
1. What is a Dog Recovery Suit?
Dog recovery suits are onesies that help pets recover from injury or surgery.
The recovery suit is an excellent alternative to the traditional "cone of shame". With cones, your dog cannot eat and sleep. Even walking around the house has its own risks. Although some people may like to watch dogs wear cone doing everything, this is embarrassing for dogs! Moreover, the plastic material used to make the cone shape can also rub on your dog's skin, causing a painful rash.
2. Why Buy a Recovery Suit for Dog or Cat?
Fortunately, a dog surgicalsuit can solve these problems. It can make your dog feel comfortable after treatment or surgery while protecting its healing wounds. Of course, the dog Surgical recovery suit has more advantages:
1. Besides healing wounds, dog recovery suits can protect the dog's skin, bandages, and ointments from any bites, licks, or scratches.
2. Protect the dog from the harm of other animals and children.
3. Unlike cones, dogs wearing recovery suits can eat, drink, entertain, and other daily activities.
4. Keep the dog warm after the operation to avoid getting sick due to postoperative weakness.
5. It can be matched with a separate leg support wrap to protect your dog in all directions, allowing the dog to recover quickly after the operation.
6. A variety of colored dog recovery suits can help you find the dog easily.
3. Can I Put a Shirt on My Dog Instead of a Cone?
You can replace cone with a shirt when you are in an emergency, You can use old shirts to quickly wrap your dog's wounds.This prevents the dog’s wound from colliding and licking.But this is not a long-term effective plan, because the dog can easily escape from the unfitting shirts.So you need a set of dog surgical suits specially designed for dogs to help your dog encounter as little trouble as possible during recovery
4. Did Anyone Experience Their Dog Overheating with This Thing On?
"I didn’t. However, I used this in the winter. I think if it was summer and your dog has lots of furs, they would get a bit hot. But if short fur, I don’t think it would be too hot. The material isn’t real heavy."-Robbi
For most dogs and cats, the healing period after surgery or wound treatment is the most difficult. Because of his naturally active personality, the wound is likely to be bruised by something. The bandage often falls off, opening the wound and exposing it to various dangers. Professional dog surgical recovery suits can ensure that your dog and cat are protected and comfortable. We promise to provide the best products for your pet to avoid secondary harm.
If you love this blog post, please don't hesitate to Share it with your family & friends! Once you’ve done the sharing, find us on @KuoserDogApparel, we’ll grant you a 30% discount coupon on your next purchase at Kuoser! Thank you so much for reading & sharing!
- How Often Should I Take My Dog to the Vet?
- Can Dogs Get Hemorrhoids and What to Do About It?
- The 10 Best Dog Life Jackets Vests For 2021